11.09.2009

Johnny Jolly's Criminal Past

With a name like "Jolly", you'd think that this guy would be full of rainbows and sunshine. Alas, this is not the case. Instead, Johnny Jolly is one of the few Green Bay Packers with a rap sheet, though (fortunately) it isn't as long as his massive arms.

The incident occurred back in July 2008 down in Houston, Texas. Johnny Jolly was arrested for possession of 200 grams of codeine. If you're like me, you have no idea

a.) what codeine is

b.) what kind of punishment you get

I guess I live a sheltered life. All I need is a hunk of cheese, Green Bay Packers tickets, and a beer and I'm content. Living on the edge is what I do when I try to sneak down to other sections of Lambeau Field to get a closer look at my favorite Green Bay Packers players.

Anywho, my friend wikipedia hooked me up with all the stats about codeine. I guess it's used as an opiate for numbing severe pain, particularly in the back. But apparently codeine made Johnny too Jolly because he had so gosh darn much of it. And that leads to my answer for statement "B" above. Basically that much codeine gets you a second-degree felony. Not good. In fact, this made Johnny Jolly the first Green Bay Packers player in 21 years to be brought to trial for a felony. I knew our Green Bay Packers guys were decent.

Well, charges were dropped in 2008 but exactly a year later in July 2009, they came up again since new codeine testing policies have been created in the interm. I imagine his mug shot looked something like this:

Yeah, basically his game face on Lambeau Field.

1 comment:

  1. These programs have been structured in a way to provide general medical education as well as specific physical
    therapy courses. The precise assortment of hrs might
    be distinctive basically by neighborhood laws and regulations and the
    studying institution. Whether your goal is weight loss, fitness, overall
    good health, or proper nutrition, the modern physical therapist is
    qualified to conduct an overall health evaluation so they can customize a program that is appropriate for your current health status.
    Also see my page: All about depression depression

    ReplyDelete

Add some Green Bay Packer fun all your own--leave a message here!